The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

Mama Earth Organics - I love it!

Mama Earth Organics is a vendor on our site. Recently they did a FabFind deal and I bought 2 "shares"! My first share arrived on Monday and I love it! LOVE IT!
First they send you an email reminding you that you have a drop off scheduled and giving you a list of what's in your box and the opportunity to make any changes! Very cool!
Then there was a quick knock on the door on Monday afternoon and our Local Basket was there, just like a stork had dropped it off!
The girls were so excited! There was a bunch of stuff I wouldn't ordinarily buy, but so far we are totally on track to eat everything. I'm going to make a beet dish tonight! Yikes! Just so you know, I am a proud beet hater, but there is roasting, garlic and lemon involved in the dish I'm preparing, so keep your fingers crossed. Maybe I'll be a convert!

Not only is there a bunch of yummy fruits and veggies but there is a great newsletter with your invoice and some recipes and some great quotes and anecdotes. They are facebook too! I "liked" em already!

The website is very informative too! They've got options to add to your box, request never sends... They have a whole bunch of other food options too. You can have breads, grains & cereals, coffee & tea, dairy, snacky stuff, spreads & syrups, there are volume buy opportunities too! I know, it's great!

I'm the type of shopper that I go to the grocery store every few days and get what I need. I plan my menus ahead of time and then go get what I want. This whole basket thing puts a completely different spin on it! I just had to get a couple of basics from the store and then went on-line to find some recipes. I made Butternut Squash for the first time, I might add it was pretty fantastic. We had a great salad with fish last night. Everybody has been enjoying apples all week. I made a pico de gallo with the cilantro! Onions are going in everything!
On Monday we have to have our Rubbermaid tote out on the porch by noon and then voila! a stork will drop off another basket full of local, organic produce!

I'll let you know how the beet dish goes and what's in basket #2!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're happy with Mama Earth! Glad we could provide you with a truly fab experience :D

    ReplyDelete