The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Art That Moves

100 Mile Finds welcomes Art that Moves to our increasingly expanding and fabulous cadre of vendors.
Christine’s visual pieces revolve around the evolution of spirituality, the practice of yoga - and especially women and their diverse manifestations of beauty. Over the years Christine added print-making to her work - creating and working with lino blocks, etchings, and silk screening allowed her to explore graphic images. I was drawn to print making because of it's joyful graphic nature. Christine says, "Printing feels like shorthand. I love how it communicates clearly at our most primitive level."

Christine brings art into your home through her unique prints on pillows featured at 100 Mile Finds.  What a great girlfriend gift.

4 comments:

  1. You have a really great blog, love the concept behind it!! I'm from New Brunswick and I'm trying to follow as many of my fellow Canadian bloggers as possible. I’m now your newest follower on GFC and twitter.
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting my work! I LOVE this concept promoting goods, services and food that is right in your own backyard. I tweeted it too.

    Christine Pensa www.christinpensa.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower from the Follow me I am canadian blog hop!
    http://theknitwitbyshair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete