The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Children's Trunk Show

So here's something funny. The girls told me that they had heard that in the olden days you had to go right up to the TV and turn a knob to change the channels. How crazy is that?!?! Clearly another example of not believing every crazy thing you hear on TV! When I told them that it was true my older daughter had the same look on her face as she did when I told her the Mom in the movie HairSpray was played by the same guy as in Grease. You know the look, it's that incredulous look that borders on disgusted, when they know that their poor, simple Mother has been dupped!

Susan and I went to the Children's Trunk Show on Wednesday! It was amazing! We've got a ton of new vendors to contact. Can't wait to get them on the site! When we first started doing the shows we had a no shopping policy. Well let's just say that Susan is stronger then I am!!!

I bought some great note cards from Vintage Paper Parade. Debra's stuff is amazing! I've always wanted to be that woman who gave pretty little cards to the teachers instead of a scrap of graph paper! Now I can be her!

I was able to stock up on Bella Balm! I LOVE their lip balm! It smells pretty and it doesn't leave that waxy residue that some lip balms leave. It just leaves your lips silky smooth!!! I know that sounds like a sales pitch but their lip balm is really, really good and that is saying something coming from me. I really more of a lip gloss, lipstick kinda' gal!


Name Your Tune Personalized CD's was there too, they were so busy we didn't even have a chance to say hi! LOVE IT!

All this week I've been inappropriately dressed. Not scantily clad, just a little ahead of the warm weather, no socks and just leggings! Finally today I gave in and wore socks and boots. I'm boiling!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment