The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Friday, December 2, 2011

Butterfly Tree

Butterfly Tree recently joined us on 100 Mile Finds - just in time to feature their great felted decoration kits. A perfect craft for the kids during the long holiday season that will be treasured for years. According to Ginny, "It all started when I inherited my grandparents' linens. Every bit of those fabrics feels special. So I used them to make that year's Christmas presents. Not one scrap was wasted. I found that I was more inspired by the odd shapes than the large sheet, and then I started seeing possibilities everywhere!"

Ginny tries to incorporate rescued materials in her kits and puts in effort to guarantee that every item in each kit is as eco-responsible as possible.

Join Ginny at Beadle tomorrow (Dec. 3) at Beadle for a Christmas Decoration making workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment