The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Monday, February 1, 2010

Great local read: The Summer before the Storm

In December my Dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I had to give it some thought. I mean really, anything I really want I just go out and get! What I really wanted, and still want is for 100 mile finds to be a huge sucess.
"Something from 100 mile finds!" Every little bit helps, right? The author Gabriele Wills had just signed on so I asked for her book "Summer Before the Storm"

It is fantastic!

It is set in the Muskoka's just as the first world war is breaking out. I love historical fiction. You get a real sense of what people were thinking at the time. There are tons of Canadiana references throughout the whole  book, I love that! It is one of those epic adventures with characters that you think about while you are out leading your daily life! I had to put it away to finish my bookclub book. It's bookclub tonight! I can't wait to see how Chas and Victoria are doing...
What's even better?! It's book 1, now don't have to slow down as I get to the end, I know my new friends will be waiting for me in book 2!

Have a great day!
Shirl

No comments:

Post a Comment