The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Regional 'n' Artisanal Food Market

I have been totally side tracked today by fantastic local find!

I was going to do a blog on Winter Farmers Markets in TO, and I will, just not today. In researching the topic, I have stumbled across a man named Gurth Pretty. Gurth has just started an indoor farmers market at the CBC building on Thursdays. He has been approved for four trial markets by the CBC. My plan it to head there this Thursday coming up, see you there?

Anyways, Gurth has a website called "Cheese of Canada" You've got to check it out! It is a cheese lovers dream!

Gurth wrote  The Definitive Guide to Canadian Artisanal and Fine Cheese and a cookbook with Tony Aspler, The Definitive Canadian Wine & Cheese Cookbook. I haven't read them, YET, but that is the plan. May I add, what a great gift idea!

I'm not sure what else he has going on but I'll keep you posted.


The possibilities are endless! I'm hungry, I gotta go!
Have a great weekend TO!
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment