The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Skarce Handmade Designer Jewelry

We wanted to take a little time to introduce you to some of our amazing vendors at 100 Mile Finds.  The backbone of our site are the incredible artisans who make beautiful, original pieces that truly are unique.  One of these artisans is Rob Skarce of Skarce Handmade Designer Jewelry.  According to Rob,
"It all started one day a few years back…I had broken my favorite hemp necklace that I had worn for years and set out to replace it. After searching every store in the area without any luck, I decided that I would make a new one myself. I went to a local bead store, purchased some cool beads, a roll of hemp and a how-to book."
Rob's focus now is on working with copper, brass and silver, married in unexpected ways with beautiful semi-precious stones, leathers and fibres.



No comments:

Post a Comment