The best resource for great local shopping!

There is amazing stuff close by – local artisans and independently owned retailers, cool things to do and eat, and great charities to support. It’s good for the economy, the environment and the soul. www.100milefinds.com

Friday, October 8, 2010

Mad with Rapture Studio


Mad with Rapture Studio is a destination at 100 Mile Finds if you are looking for vivid, inspired paintings. The artist is Patti Agapi of Orillia Ontario. Patti creates contemporary abstract mixed media and collage art. Each piece is unique.

Patti is a self-taught & ever-evolving Canadian Artist. According to Patti, "I like to consider each of my works as an echo - a recording of the often obsessive internal paradoxes that haunt me - the little and big questions, every wave of thought accumulating in subtle layers of ideas and epiphanies ...
I work mostly in acrylics and mixed media, experimently lately with collage. My techniques vary depending on many factors - my moods, the seasons, what materials lay on hand. I focus on the "process" and strive to create and express the on-going dialogue that flows throughout my body".

Thanks for the insight Patti. We always want to hear a bit about the person and the story behind our fabulous finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment